For Parents of a Sexually Abused Child
Turn to a legal team with the experience and track record to help you
Nothing can be more traumatic than to learn that your child is a victim of sexual abuse. At this point, the last thing you want to do is to subject your child to the legal system and risk further injury. Our sexual abuse legal team understands and shares your concern. But, we would ask that you, like hundreds of parents before you, trust us in this process.
Our team understands that the effect of sexual abuse on the victim is lifelong, thus making it crucial that child molestation victims have the financial resources to take care of themselves for the next 65-75 years of their life. As a result, it is our goal to turn childhood sexual abuse victims into survivors along with productive members of society. By using the law and civil litigation, those that failed to protect your child are held accountable.
Trusted by Parents of Sexually Abused Children
Our sexual abuse legal team goes the extra mile for sexually abused children, refusing to accept anything less than fair compensation. As an example, our trial work resulted in a $15 million settlement for four children harmed by educator sexual abuse at O.B. Whaley Elementary School.
Using the Law to Make Our Community Safer
Our law firm works diligently for legislative changes to protect children. As a result, our advocacy protects children by making the laws stronger for victims. Therefore, the predators and the institutions that enable their behavior are less likely to evade responsibility through legal loopholes. Our track record includes:
- Exposing more than 100 predator coaches affiliated with USA Swimming. Consequently, USA Swimming and the USOC are forced to make the protection of young amateur athletes a top priority and rid themselves of coaches with a history of molesting children.
- With State Senator Jim Beall, changing the law to give child molestation victims more time to prosecute their predator. Surprisingly, before the change, child molestation victims could not prosecute after they turned 28 years old.
- Legislation allowing child molestation victims more time to file a lawsuit against the institution that enabled the predator's crime. Unfortunately, the governor vetoed the bill in both 2013 and 2014.
- Passage and signing of two significant laws, including Audrie's Law, resulting from the tragic suicide of Audrie Pott.
Put an award-winning legal team on your side.
- A leading swim publication named attorney Robert Allard Person of the Year for protecting young swimmers from coaching sex abuse. In the process, he was selected over Olympic swimmers Michael Phelps and Missy Franklin.
- The child molestation legal team at Corsiglia McMahon & Allard was an honoree for the statewide Trial Lawyer of the Year award by the Consumer Attorneys of California (CAOC).
An attorney is needed through this process because the harm is so great to your child that you rightfully need to be there when your child wakes up because of nightmares and needs someone to hold them or the child can't get through a school day because of anxiety and trauma. Your focus should be 100 percent on that child and taking care of that child's needs on a daily basis. And the last thing you need is to be dealing with the rigors of a lawsuit. And defense attorneys who represent institutions who will do anything and everything they can to protect their interests. You need someone fighting for you. You need someone there every step of the way who knows what they're doing, who has been through this process before to get you through it and get you through it successfully. And there is nobody. I challenge anybody. No one has the track record we have in this field to do the best job possible for your child.
Call Us for a Free & Confidential Consultation
The attorneys at Corsiglia McMahon & Allard are all parents of young children. They understand the pain that the parents of a sexually abused child must endure. Therefore, you and your child can trust our legal team to handle your case with compassion, understanding, and a commitment to justice. Call us and speak directly with one of our attorneys by calling 408-289-1417. The consultation is free and confidential.
Corsiglia McMahon & Allard, L.L.P.
96. North Third Street, Suite 620
San Jose, CA 95112