Latest News From Corsiglia McMahon & Allard
- Orange County Register - Longtime USA swimming head Chuck Wielgus dies at 67
- Orange County Register - USA Gymnastics comes under fire at Senate judiciary committee hearing
- San Jose Mercury News - Exclusive: Family speaks after $8 million molestation settlement mandates Morgan Hill school district training to detect abusers
- Morgan Hill Times - Our View: District failed to prevent abuse
- San Jose Mercury News - Morgan Hill: Tentative $8.25 million settlement in school sex abuse case
- The US Sport Academy along with major colleges and universities are asked to take the lead in getting rid of sexual abuse in the coaching ranks. - US Sports Academy Urged to Rescind Awards for Child Sex Abuse Enablers Chuck Wielgus and Joe Paterno
- New York Daily News - Attorney Robert Allard calls for the ouster of USA Swimming's Chuck Wielgus for turning a blind eye to sexual abuse allegations - An Olympic-sized statement against coaches who sexually abuse their athletes
- San Jose Mercury News profiles child molestation lawyer Robert Allard - An Olympic-sized statement against coaches who sexually abuse their athletes and A look at San Jose attorney’s fight against sexually abused athletes
- Woman claims sexual abuse by Los Banos teachers in lawsuit - The Los Banos Unified School District is facing a lawsuit as a result of alleged sex abuse committed by two former high school teachers.
- U.S. Olympic Committee announces change in abuse reporting policy - Attorney Robert Allard states that there is a conflict of interest with the proposed center, allowing the USOC and/or the NGB’s to either minimize or flat-out cover up misconduct by one of their own.
- Promises, Promises: USOC’s plan for ‘safe’ center dragging heels - Attorney Robert Allard discusses the issue of sex abuse in amateur sports with the New York Daily News.
- Three taekwondo athletes sue coach, USOC over sexual assault. Attorney Robert Allard represents one of three female athletes who have filed a lawsuit against taekwondo coach Marc Gitelman, the U.S. Olympic Committee, the USOC’s director for safe sport, and USA Taekwondo (the sport's national governing body), alleging that Gitelman sexually assaulted them as teenagers and the sports bodies failed to take the proper steps to project underage athletes.
- Lawsuit alleges Cal High officials knew of possible sex abuse, didn't alert authorities. Attorney Robert Allard filed a lawsuit alleging that the molestation committed by wrestling coach and youth leader Kevin Lopez should never have taken place had the school officials immediately notified law enforcement upon learning of Lopez's predatory behavior.
- The Morgan Hill Unified School District is sued by one of the victims of former Paradise Valley Elementary School teacher John Loyd. Attorney Robert Allard stated that the school failed to recognize obvious predatory behavior.
- Molestation victim's family files claim with school, county office. Attorneys Lauren Cerri and Robert Allard represent the family of a child allegedly molested on her Sunnyvale school's playground. The claim names both Spark Charter School of Sunnyvale and the Santa Clara County Office of Education, which authorized the charter school.
- Evergreen Elementary School District agrees to pay four children $15 million for the sex abuse they suffered at the hands of one of their teachers.
- Audrie Pott case settled. Assailants publicly apologize. New laws to help children result from the litigation. Attorneys Robert Allard, Lauren Cerri, and Mark Boskovich honored as 2015 CAOC Trial Lawyer of the Year nominees for their work in this case.
- Claim filed against San Ramon Valley Unified School District following molestation charges against wrestling coach and church youth leader Kevin Lopez.
- Lawsuit filed on behalf of the parents of a student who was molested by former Tracy teacher Darrel Golden. Complaint names the Jefferson School District and alleges that the ex-principal of Traina Elementary School in Tracy ignored warnings of Golden's behavior.
- Attorney Robert Allard named as One of the Ten Most Impactful People in Swimming for his work in making the sport safer for kids.
- Governor Jerry Brown signs Audrie's Law, a bill that increases punishment for juveniles convicted of sexually abusing unconscious and disabled victims. The bill is named after Audrie Pott.
- Attorney Robert Allard works with Senator Jim Beall to extend the statute of limitations for victims of childhood sex abuse. Time limits for criminal charges extended but governor vetoes extending the law for civil cases.
- The YMCA of Silicon Valley is sued for failing to properly supervise an aide accused of molesting a 6-year-old girl, according to a lawsuit filed by attorney Robert Allard.
- Hall of Fame induction for USA Swimming's Chuck Wielgus is blocked by victims of coaching sex abuse.
- Childhood sex abuse victims push for both a criminal and Congressional investigation of USA Swimming.
- Pro bono work for many sex abuse victims leads to the banning of former Olympic swimmer and coach Mitch Ivey for sexual misconduct.
- Outside Magazine reports on the USA Swimming sex abuse coaching scandal.
- Aragon High School water polo coach Joshua Tatro is arrested.
- California Court of Appeal orders USA Swimming to produce sexual abuse and molestation complaints.
- Child molestation victims' rights attorney Robert Allard is selected for California Lawyer Attorneys of the Year Award.
- Corsiglia, McMahon & Allard helps victims of childhood sexual abuse and molestation.
- Sexual abuse lawsuits filed by Corsiglia, McMahon & Allard against Child Development Inc. & Trace CDC.
- Corsiglia, McMahon & Allard file suit against Silicon Valley executive accused of child luring.
- U.S. Olympic Committee tackles sexual abuse in sport. Attorney Robert Allard claims it is not enough.
- CBS News: Attorney Robert Allard sues swim coach and USA Swimming over sexual abuse allegations.
- ABC News: Attorney Robert Allard speaks to ABC News about sex abuse lawsuit against USA Swimming.
- Corsiglia, McMahon & Allard files Jane Doe lawsuit against swim coach / child molester Andy King and USA Swimming, et al.
Contact a San Jose Child Molestation Victims’ Right Lawyer
If your child and your family has been victimized by a predator, contact a San Jose child molestation victims’ rights lawyer at Corsiglia, McMahon & Allard. You get aggressive legal representation starting with a free case evaluation. And you will never be obligated to pay a penny to our attorneys unless we collect.
Corsiglia McMahon & Allard, L.L.P.
96. North Third Street, Suite 620
San Jose, CA 95112